Tomi's diving blog

Finnish beginner diver writing about diving related stuff and logging dives.

Dive #8

+ No comment yet
Time to get under water again! We had so many plans to go under earlier this week, but they all got delayed due to various reasons.

Location: Riihiniemi, Kaukajärvi
Dive time: 30 minutes
Start pressure: 290 bars (!!)
End pressure: 210 bars
Deco time: -
Maximum depth: 9,1 meters
Plan: Just a dive with a two of my dive buddies. Go see some sunken boats.


Lucky us, the weather wasn't as hot as a couple days ago, "only" +24C and sunny and as always... We were sweating like pigs while putting our gear on. Then a 100 meter walk to the shore line and ahhhh!, the relief after getting into water!
We had a plan to go check a couple sunken boats, but in the end we only checked one of them.
Why you might ask? I don't actually know, but the most experienced diver showed "turn around" -signal in some point of the line going to boat number two and we turned around.

I had 6kg of weight on me this time, which seemed to help buouancy controlling a bit, but I'm still struggling. Either I descent too fast or ascent too fast (the peaks in the graph). I really need some buouancy controlling lessons which means dives, but nobody's interested in just going hovering in the water :(.

There will be blood

After we surfaced of the diving buddies told me I have blood coming out of my nose! I never have nose-bleed, so this was very weird for me.
The other diving buddy has had the same problem just a while back and he's going to have a surgery next week in which they enlarge the canals from nose to ears (I think). He gave me the doctor's name and suggested I go see him. I immediately booked a time for him and we'll see on monday morning what the doctor's got to say. I hope it's nothing serious!

I am eating allergy-medicine against pollen which might have something to do with this as it controls the tissue/blood vessels in head to control itching, but we'll see. I really hope my insurance cover this...!

Other than the small nose-bleed, all good and there's still 210 bars in the bottle so I might as well go diving on monday if doctor says it's fine.

Post a Comment