Tomi's diving blog

Finnish beginner diver writing about diving related stuff and logging dives.

Dive #7

+ No comment yet
It was time to test-dive a lake called Veittijärvi at Ylöjärvi near Tampere that isn't common around the local divers.

Dive time: 29 minutes
Start pressure: 200 bars
End pressure: 110 bars
Deco time: -
Maximum depth: 3,1 meters
Plan: See the "new" lake, practice buouancy control and underwater navigation.





Nothing much to say about the diagrams; down, up, down...

Our plan was to see how the "new" lake is like, practice buouancy control and underwater navigation.
Turns out the side of the lake we were test-diving (map) was pretty much dead, there was absolutely nothing in the bottom. Not even garbage!

Practicing underwater navigation

We decided to dedicate the dive in practising underwater navigation. My diving partner is getting his AOWD-license so he made a small route underwater and it went very well. We were back in pretty much exactly the same point where we left. Good!

After that it was my turn to try (I've never actually liked navigating with compass, but doing it under water is somehow much more fun...!).
We were about 50 meters from the pier where I took the direction to the left side of the pier and started diving with my partner right after me. At the time of surfacing we were about 10 meters to the left, a bit more than I was hoping to but pretty good I must say! But of course I could certainly do better, maybe next time!

Buouancy control

It seems to be much easier for me to control buouancy with BCD instead of drysuit. This is completely the opposite I've been taught, but it works. Is it wrong? That I don't know, but seems there are three bands around; some like to control buouancy with drysuit, some with BCD and some use both!

Oh, and the Otterbox... It works like a charm, not a single drop of water inside the box!

Post a Comment