Tomi's diving blog

Finnish beginner diver writing about diving related stuff and logging dives.

Life insurance related stuff

+ No comment yet
What I really learned from yesterday, was I should be better prepared for life-threatening situations (nothing like this happened to me during the last dive, but still). Today I went to the local diving shop and bought a knife and a buoy. Many have said thy are cheap life insurance items.
The knife I bought was the only model that could be attached to a hose without zip-ties etc: Scubapro White tip.



I also bought an Aqua lung buoy. It's bright orange and has a diving flag printed in it and a text "AQUA LUNG". Smell is interesting, btw...



The store owner said there are various techniques in filling the buoy with air and filling the buoy should be practiced first. There's something to practice on top of buoyancy control ;).

Oh yes, almost forgot... I changed one 2 kg weight to two 1 kg weights. In the future I have evenly distributed weights in BCD pockets, which is nice.


Post a Comment